|CHAIRMAN:||Michael Zuraw, DMA (317)-517-0225 (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|SUBMISSION DEADLINE:||Saturday, April 15, 2023|
|TIME:||12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. .|
|LOCATION:||Kawai Piano Gallery, 5800 Richmond Ave., Houston, TX 77057|
|PURPOSE:||Forum Festivities is designed for students of all levels, beginners through advanced. It provides an opportunity to perform in a recital setting, and also receive feedback from a professional judge. The purpose of this event is to help grow student’s performing skills through POSITIVE performance experience, as well as an ENCOURAGING and INSPIRING feedback|
|REQUIREMENTS:||Each student is required to play two contrasting pieces. Students in 4th grade and above need to play two pieces in the style of two different periods, one of them should be in Baroque or Classical style|
|REGISTRATION:||List elementary, intermediate, and advanced students in order.
● Estimated numbers are due by Monday, February 24, 2023.
● Online enrollment must be submitted no later than midnight Friday, March 10th, 2023. To visit the registration form immediately, cut and paste the following link into an internet browser: https://tinyurl.com/2raxmtus
|RATINGS:||Ratings of Superior, Excellent, and Good shall be given|
|JUDGES:||Outside judges shall be used; however, Forum volunteers are needed|
|FEE:||Pay for your student’s registration:
|AWARDS:||Each student shall receive a critique sheet and either a medal for superior or a ribbon for Excellent or Good|
|TEACHER REQUIREMENTS:||All teachers entering students are required to help.|
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:||Each group of students shall be scheduled at intervals of 45 minutes to one hour. Parents and friends may attend. Critique sheets & medals will be given at the conclusion of each group.|
|ENTRANCE FEES:||(Number of students) x $20.00 = $____________
Pay for your student’s registration:
|REQUIRED INFORMATION TO SUBMIT:||For each participating student, the Instructor will submit the following:
1. Student’s full name – last name, first name, middle name (if any).
2. Appropriate level – elementary, intermediate, or, advanced.
3. Amount of years and months of piano study
4. Student’s age on the date of the event
5. Composer of the first piece – last name, first name; the title of the piece; and, the approximate duration
6. Composer of the second piece – same information as #5 above
7. Preferred performance time(s)* ONLY if other commitments and/or scheduling conflicts may prevent the student from taking full advantage of participating in the Forum Festivities.
*While every effort will be made to accommodate all students, the requested performance times will be assigned based on the information provided above, and are not guaranteed